ANAHEIM, CA, USA, May 20, 2021 – World Metrology Day – Verisurf Software, Inc. announces its new Verisurf 2021 release. More than 25-years ago, Verisurf was the first company to develop PC-based software that could compare physical part measurements to the surface of a CAD model. Today, Verisurf continues to lead the way with its latest release of Verisurf 2021. From Boeing’s Digital Product Definition requirements to PTB and NIST, Verisurf exceeds industry and customer expectations for measurement and inspection automation, designed for today’s manufacturing enterprise.
Verisurf 2021 has new and enhanced features that increase measurement and inspection productivity, from CMM plan creation through execution, particularly for Renishaw PH20 5-axis touch-trigger and REVO 5-axis scanning probes. Users can also look forward to additional CMM controller support, enhancements for GD&T feature control frames and ballooning, and updated Software Development Kit (SDK) for custom user interfaces, integration of robotics, and automating processes across the manufacturing enterprise.
“We work closely with our customers as we continue the ongoing development of the Verisurf software platform and are committed to performance, ease-of-use, and universal compatibility with all popular CAD file formats and all new and legacy CMMs,” said Ernie Husted, President and CEO of Verisurf Software. “We have gained the trust of our customers by providing, and continually improving on, practical measurement solutions for inspection and reporting, scanning and reverse engineering, toolmaking, and assembly guidance,” added Husted.
Verisurf is the only measurement and inspection software dedicated to Model-Based Definition (MBD) and built on a CAD/CAM platform. This enables greater compatibility, workflow integration, and more complete end-to-end solutions customers require.
New Verisurf 2021 Highlights
To review all that is new in Verisurf 2021 and view Feature Focused videos, visit: Verisurf Version 2021 Highlights Page
- 5-Axis CMM programming with support for Renishaw PH10, PH20, and REVO heads
- External Productivity Utilities provide time-saving tools and shortcuts
- CAD Translator V8.0 with new assembly import and management features
- Thickness feature for Dynamic Surface Point improves CMM Plan creation
- Digital Product Definition compliance – Boeing, PTB, NIST
- Custom Clearance CMM Path added to Generate Path tool
- Power Surface option to Orient Starter Plane for surface fit
- Power Surface is enhanced to support point clouds or meshes in addition to existing wireframe capabilities
- Power Surface tools to use starter plane fit options such as least squares, minimum zone, or graphics view, plus an option to use point vectors to help for a better surface fit
- SolidWorks Inspection First Article & Balloon Dwg Reports using Verisurf – SOLIDWORKS Inspection added to Report Database output
- GD&T Feature Control Frames added to CMM Plans and Measured Features staying current with ASME and ISO protocols
- Verisurf Device Interface (VDI) upgrades for new laser trackers, accessories and CMMs
- Software Development Kit (SDK) enhancements for communication with other cooperative devices
- Feature Align improvements use nominals from the Plan to automatically create a WCS, improving workflow and flexibility
- Best Fit feature includes multiple enhancements for automated CMMs and user-prompted inspection routines for manual and portable CMMs
- CAD is at the foundation of Verisurf software, and 2021 has new features and improved user experience for model-based inspection productivity
For more information about Verisurf 2021, visit https://www.verisurf.com/version/verisurf-2021
Verisurf Software, Inc. is a measurement solutions company, committed to delivering advanced surface analysis, quality inspection, assembly guidance, and reverse engineering. Verisurf products and processes are vital to maintaining a digital thread between design, engineering, manufacturing, and finished part validation. Based on a powerful CAD/CAM platform, Verisurf is committed to digital Model-Based Definition (DPD) (MBD), open standards, and interoperability with all coordinate measuring machines and CAD software. Verisurf solutions help manufacturers produce higher quality products in less time. For more information, visit