EXTON, PA, USA, Mar 25, 2021 – Bentley Systems, Incorporated (Nasdaq: BSY), the infrastructure engineering software company, has announced its call for nominations for the 2021 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure program. Formerly known as the Year in Infrastructure Awards, this global awards program, judged by independent juries of industry experts, recognize infrastructure projects for digital innovations that improve project delivery and/or asset performance. The deadline for nominations is May 21, 2021.
Participate in the 2021 Going Digital Awards to gain global recognition for digital advancements in infrastructure.
The Going Digital Awards are an integral part of Bentley’s annual Year in Infrastructure Conference. The conference brings together infrastructure professionals and industry thought leaders from around the world to share best practices and learn about the latest advances in technology that will improve infrastructure project delivery and asset performance. Winners will be announced during the awards ceremony at the culmination of the conference.
Users of Bentley software are invited to nominate their projects in the Going Digital Awards program, no matter which phase the project is in – planning/conception, design, construction, or operations. The three finalists chosen for each awards category will get a global platform to present their projects before the judges, industry thought leaders, and media members.
Every project nominated for an award receives recognition across the global infrastructure community. Through the Going Digital Awards program, participants:
- Gain global recognition by having their infrastructure projects profiled in Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbook, which is distributed to media, government, and industry influencers around the world. All winning and finalist projects are also featured on bentley.com.
- Enhance their competitive edge by demonstrating to existing and potential clients the value the participants add to projects through their digital innovations.
- Receive coverage from global media and support from the Bentley team in marketing and promoting their respective projects to the media.
The 2021 Going Digital Awards will recognize outstanding achievements for infrastructure projects and assets in the following categories:
- Buildings and Campuses
- Digital Cities
- Digital Construction
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Land and Site Development
- Mining and Offshore Engineering
- Power Generation
- Project Delivery Information Management
- Rail and Transit
- Reality Modeling
- Roads and Highways
- Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Structural Engineering
- Utilities and Communications
- Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
Additionally, projects that represent Bentley’s mission of advancing infrastructure but transcend the narrower focus of the individual category awards can be considered for Founders’ Awards (formerly known as the Special Recognition Awards) including, but not limited to:
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Project Delivery (Project Digital Twins) for a project using a digital twin to gain useful insights, such as understanding the impact of change and design alternatives or highlighting issues with the quality of project data, to collaborate with the extended project team more effectively or to model the performance of a project and its construction.
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Asset Performance (Performance Digital Twins) for a project involving an operating infrastructure asset that uses a digital twin to gain useful insights to improve the performance in areas such as throughput, safety, compliance, or maintenance, to evaluate the relative impact of different operational strategies, to support training operational staff, or to support remote operations.
- Advancements in Sustainability and Resilience for a project that has leveraged digital technology in the design or operations of an infrastructure asset to achieve better sustainability (lower carbon footprint, better use of renewables, reduced environmental impact), higher resilience (ability to withstand and recover from human-made or natural disasters, adaptability to changing conditions), or to deliver social benefits (includes health and safety and community benefit) or improved governance (facilitates and promotes transparency in reporting, compliance, codes of conduct, and risk management).
For additional information about the 2021 Going Digital Awards program, or to nominate a project, visit the Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure website.
Watch a one-minute video about the nomination process.
About Bentley Systems’ Year in Infrastructure Conference
The Year in Infrastructure Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations focused on best practices and technologies for going digital. The conference is globally recognized as the leading forum for addressing the current priorities and opportunities that impact the infrastructure industry. Attendees hear from industry thought leaders, engage in forums and discussions, and learn about technologies and best practices that will shape the future of infrastructure delivery and operations.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annualized revenues of more than $800 million in 172 countries. www.bentley.com