ANN ARBOR, MI, USA and STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Jun 3, 2022 — CIMdata and Eurostep are pleased to announce the successful completion of PLM Road Map & PDT North America. The theme for the event was Digital Transformation and PLM–a call for PLM Professionals to re-define and re-position the benefits and value of PLM. The event took place at the Tysons Corner Marriott, near Washington D.C. 2022 marks the 29th year the event has been in operation.
The event comprised presentations made by PLM users representing several industry verticals interleaved with short vignettes about critical topics of interest presented by the event’s sponsors.
Speakers and their presentation topics included:
- Digital Skills Transformation—Often Forgotten Critical Element of Digital Transformation – Peter Bilello, CIMdata
- The Link from PLM to ‘Enterprise’ Lifecycle Management (ELM) Realization – Roger Hobley, BAE
- The Digital Transformation of PLM: Where are the Humans? – Dr. Thomas Hedberg, University of Maryland Applied Research Laboratory
- A&D PLM Action Group Project to Define Objectives, Requirements, and Roadmaps for Digital Twin/Digital Thread Solutions – Kenneth Swope, The Boeing Company
- Making the DoD Digital Engineering Strategy a Reality – An update in Year 4 – Stephanie L. Possehl, DoD
- The Digital Twin/Digital Thread and BOM View Capabilities of the U.S. Navy’s Enterprise PLM Program – Robert Lamanna, U.S. Navy
- Digital Transformation of Systems Engineering: Challenges & Opportunities – Dr. Dinesh Verma, Stevens Institute
- CEO Spotlight: View From the Top: The Future of PLM in the Age of Digitalization – Roque Martin, Aras; Jim Heppelmann, PTC; and Tony Hemmelgarn, Siemens Digital Industries Software
- Digital Transformation and the Role of PLM – Bob Parker, IDC
- The Sustainability Imperative – Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata
- MoSSEC – A standard to improve decision-making for complex products – What it is, Why it is needed, How it works with other PLM standards, and Implementation experiences – Judith Crockford, Eurostep
- Prioritizing MBSE Standards & the Creation of the Knowledge Graph – Mark Williams, The Boeing Company presented by Craig Brown, CIMdata
- The Gigaton Challenge, PLM and Agile – James Windon, Trane
- Debate: Stretching the Digital Thread Across the Supply Chain – Craig Brown, ex-General Motors (representing the voice of the OEM) & Mark Pendergast, ex-Delphi, and Aptiv (representing the voice of the Supplier)
- MBSE Data Interoperability: Status and Challenges – Mark Williams, The Boeing Company presented by Kenneth Swope, The Boeing Company
- Fireside Chat moderated by Dr. Ken Versprille, CIMdata featuring Peter Bilello, CIMdata; Håkan Kårdén, Eurostep; and Bob Parker, IDC
The PLM Collaboration Cafe™ provided a vibrant environment for open discussions among the attendees and the event’s sponsors. Event sponsors were Accenture, Altium, Aras, Atos, Autodesk, Digital Enterprise Society, Eurostep, Intelizign, Jana, PTC, and Siemens Digital Industries Software.
The next PLM Road Map & PDT event will be held in Gothenburg, Sweden, October 18 & 19. There will also be a special one-day event, PLM Road Map @ GPDIS, in Scottsdale, AZ, on 27 September, as part of GPDIS 2022. For more information on PLM Road Map & PDT North America, visit https://www.cimdata.com/en/education/plm-conferences/plmrm-pdt-na-2022.