ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Jul 6, 2021 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces the CIMdata 2021 Executive PLM Market Report release. This report provides an executive-level view of CIMdata’s comprehensive analysis of the PLM market, with summary charts on the overall market and specific PLM solution segments (including the chart below). It also includes perspectives on current trends in the PLM industry and how they may affect current suppliers and investments.
Distribution of 2020 PLM Revenue by Market Sector
As measured in our PLM market analysis, the PLM economy has continued to grow even in the face of COVID-19. In the calendar year 2020, the PLM market grew to nearly $53.5 billion overall (3.8% growth over 2019). “The PLM market saw mixed results in 2020 but did beat our forecast,” according to Mr. Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Vice President. “Electronic Design Automation (EDA) led the pack with a year-on-year growth of 11.6%, driven by market leaders Cadence and Synopsys, who increased guidance after Q3 2020. Autodesk’s results also contributed to strong growth in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) at 9.1%. Finally, simulation and analysis (S&A) recovered well during the year to finish at 4.2%. We expect the move toward smart, connected products to continue growth in S&A, software development tools, and electronic design automation (EDA).”
This report is the second of five modules of the CIMdata 2021 Market Analysis Report Series to be released. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during the calendar year 2020. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2021 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2020, forecasts of investments for 2021 through 2025, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2020.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM Ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2020, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium terms, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments in 2020, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2021 through 2025.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2020 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2020 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2020 market results. CIMdata’s 2020 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for ten different industry sectors: aerospace and defense, automotive and other transportation, electronics/telecommunications, fabrication and assembly, process-packaged goods, process—petrochemical, utilities, construction, infrastructure, and shipbuilding.
For more information on CIMdata 2021 Executive PLM Market Report, visit https://www.cimdata.com/en/online-store/market-analysis-reports/product/266-2021-executive-plm-market-report
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. Portions are also available as part of the CIMdata Community Memberships. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.