ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Jul 23, 2021 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Geography Analysis Report, the fourth of five modules of the CIMdata 2021 PLM Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2020. It contains analyses of major trends and issues, revenues of leading PLM providers, and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
Geographic Distribution of PLM Revenues—History and Forecast
The PLM market grew to nearly $53.5 billion in 2020 (3.8% growth over 2019). For 2020, EMEA had 33% of the PLM market, with the Americas at 38.2%, and Asia-Pacific with 28.8%. The Americas region is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% to reach nearly $30.7 billion in 2025. EMEA and AP will have CAGRs of 8.2% and 8.9%, respectively. EMEA will grow to $26.1 billion, and AP will reach nearly $23.6 billion in 2025.
“The global PLM market grew in 2020, above our forecasts,” states Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata Vice President and research lead. “The COVID-19 pandemic impacted the whole world, including the PLM market. Software and services providers and their customers struggled in the first half of 2020, but all seemed to regain their footing in the second half. The leading PLM solution providers continue to consolidate their portfolios after years of acquisitions. Industrial companies use PLM to enable highly collaborative, distributed, flexible design and manufacturing environments to help better manage the entire product or plant lifecycle. PLM-enabling solutions helped many companies address COVID-19 dictated requirements in these unprecedented times. Another big driver of PLM growth is the push toward digital transformation and Industry 4.0, which must be powered by strong PLM strategies and enabling solutions in manufacturing companies. These trends grew even stronger during the pandemic.”
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2021 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2020, forecasts of investments for 2021 through 2025, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2020.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM Ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2020, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium terms, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments in 2020, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2021 through 2025.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2020 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2020 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2020 market results. CIMdata’s 2020 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for ten different industry sectors: aerospace and defense, automotive and other transportation, electronics/telecommunications, fabrication and assembly, process-packaged goods, process—petrochemical, utilities, construction, infrastructure, and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. Portions are also available as part of the CIMdata Community Memberships. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.