LEVIS, Canada, Jun 24, 2021 – Creaform, the worldwide leader in automated and portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, announced the release of the version 9.0 of its VXelements platform. Several new features as well as existing features enhancements were developed to provide significative improvements. Whether in VXscan, VXinspect, VXmodel, or VXscan-R, experts and beginners alike will discover exciting, new, and improved tools that will make their work much easier, faster, and profitable.
In a desire to perfect VXelements and the synergy between the software and hardware, each VX module was upgraded to meet the ever-changing needs of the users and today’s constantly evolving industries. Here are some of the important advantages of this latest version:
- New – VXelements viewer: Used for data sharing, this free version of the platform will enable customers or colleagues outside the team to visualize the data firsthand, making collaborative projects simpler and faster.
- Smart resolution: Available for the latest generation of Creaform 3D scanners, this new feature allows users to generate scans from multiple resolution levels to better reproduce details, edges and high curvatures. Higher levels of resolution can be automatically created in several ways: by software intelligence; by being triggered from the scanner; and by being generated from a selection on the mesh or from a template.
- VXmodel: With the addition of the Flatten mesh, the Extrude boundaries and the Extend boundaries features, this module will enable users to carry out post-treatment operations on 3D scan data simply and effortlessly.
- VXinspect: Quick inspection tools – such as One-click entity creation, new construction methods for geometrical entities, and new reporting capabilities – are just a few of the improvements that will add simplicity and flexibility to the 3D inspection software.
- VXscan-R: A new and improved Surface feature combined with the Smart resolution feature will make it easier for users to generate robot trajectories and get the most out of their automated quality control solutions.
“Through our close partnerships with leaders of all industries, customer feedback, and our constant desire to innovate, we have developed features that will change companies’ workflows overnight,” explains Daniel Brown, Product Management Director at Creaform. “We are driven by the belief that it is always possible to make life easier for our clients, without compromising accuracy and results.”
Creaform develops, manufactures, and sells 3D portable and automated measurement technologies and specializes in engineering services. The company offers innovative solutions for applications such as 3D scanning, reverse engineering, quality control, non-destructive testing, product development, and numerical simulation (FEA/CFD). Its products and services cater to a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, heavy industries, healthcare, manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, research and education.
With headquarters and manufacturing operations in Lévis, Québec, Creaform operates innovation centers in Lévis as well as Grenoble, France, with direct sales operations in Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Singapore. Creaform is part of the Ultra Precision Technologies, a division of AMETEK Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2020 sales of more than 4.5 billion. For more information, visit www.creaform3d.com.