Dassault Systèmes today announced its participation in the 12th edition of DefExpo 2022, which will be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat from October 18-22, 2022. The company will showcase its role as a vital contributor in empowering self-reliance in the Indian defence eco-system with virtual twins. It will demonstrate the application of its 3DEXPERIENCE platform in the Aerospace and Defence industry, to harness virtual technologies for driving real-world innovation, productivity and profitability.
With virtual twins of submarines and aircraft, Dassault Systèmes will enable the event attendees to explore the following at its DefExpo 2022 exhibit (Hall 12, Booth 12):
• Managing Customer and Supply Chain Networks: Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and tier 1 suppliers have to reinvent the way they work with the supply chain. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables digital continuity and connects the entire extended enterprise — all functions, suppliers, and partners, which helps optimize manufacturing planning to accelerate, ramp up, and optimize production agility.
• Managing Growing Complexities with Product Design: In recent times there has been a profound increase in the level of complexity that defence companies face with complex systems. Model-based systems engineering enabled by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform simplifies product complexity by enabling the entire framework of defining requirements for product delivery on one holistic framework.
• Accelerating Manufacturing Processes: As engineering revolutions cut across the design to manufacturing process, collaboration and automation have become extremely crucial. By virtually collaborating in the early critical design phase, each detectable change ultimately reduces costs and increases the success rate of the overall defense program. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables seamless collaboration in connecting virtual products in the design stage to the manufactured product on the shop floor with digital precision that meets quality and flexible production schedule requirements.
• “Build for Sea”: This industry solution experience helps shipyards in achieving full digital continuity and traceability, from engineering, production planning, and simulation to actual construction with inventory, material flow, time and labor management. Shipyards can apply advanced lean manufacturing principles to implement more agile manufacturing operations that can improve their capacity and productivity. With “Build for Sea,” production, supply chain and planning executives have a single source of information to optimize production schedules and yard resources, manage digital work orders, and efficiently manage manufacturing execution.
• Virtual Twin Experience enabling Defense Modernization: Virtual immersive walkthrough of any defense-related platform, be it under water/marine or aircraft scenarios, to enable better, informed decisions for maintenance, repair and training.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform is a business experience platform for knowledge and know-how, a game-changer collaborative environment that empowers businesses and people to innovate in an entirely new way. The platform enables social and collaborative interactions, 3D modeling, simulation and optimization, and information intelligence. It serves eleven distinct industries with tailored industry solutions to address the specific regulations and challenges of each.
For more information about Dassault Systemes at DefExpo 2022:
For more information on Dassault Systèmes: