LONDON, UK, Apr 27, 2022 – ENGYS is delighted to announce the release 3.5.0 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimization based on ENGYS’ own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX’s add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX 3.5.0 offers a wide range of extended capabilities and code refinements to remove known issues found in the previous release 3.4.0. Some of the new exciting features added in this version include:
- Mesh: Enhanced performance and robustness for acute reflex snapping around sharp trailing edges.
- Mesh: Improved near-wall layer addition, including new options to prescribe maximum layer thickness for the extrude mesh algorithm, cell splitting based on warpage criteria, and overall increased performance of single-step layer projection.
- Mesh: Faster mesh optimisation turnaround times using relaxed settings and additional quality metrics and options for cell removal.
- Mesh: New GUI visualisation tool to detect mesh leakage.
- Mesh: New binary surface format for geometry entities for faster I/O performance and reduced file size.
- Mesh: New GUI tool to export surface patches to faceted format.
- Setup: New discrete mixing plane and cyclic periodic AMI boundary conditions for turbomachinery and other rotating-stationary sector models.
- Setup: Extended turbo performance monitoring function to deal with sector models and additional output fields.
- Setup: New time-varying mapped data temperature boundary condition.
- Setup: Enhanced total pressure boundary condition for more accurate prediction of static head at the boundary.
- Setup: New adaptive and y+ insensitive Knopp consistent rough wall function.
- Setup: New generic monitoring function to calculate statistical quantities, including moving average, standard deviation, CoV, etc.
- Setup: New Custom Field Calculator to create and output custom fields during or after runtime.
- Setup: Added GUI support for new monitoring function that shows the percentage of the volume that is modelled with LES or RANS when using (I)(D)DES turbulence models.
- View: New View modifier object to apply transformations to a selected object (i.e. mirror, translation, rotation, scale and linear/cylindrical array).
- View: Enhanced Point Widget tool to inspect field values on selected points of mesh patches.
- Other: Case re-load optimisation for selective loading of modified components only.
If you are not a user of HELYX already or if you would like to learn more about this new version, check out the HELYX product page to learn more about the software or contact ENGYS for further information and/or scheduling a live demo.
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class, enterprise CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and design optimization. The company’s main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialized add-on modules for adjoint based optimization and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, Greece, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors and agents in Japan, South Korea, USA, Germany, Spain and France. For more information, visit https://engys.com.