EVORA, Portugal, Jun 30, 2022 – EON Reality, Inc. (“EON Reality”), a global leader in Virtual and Augmented Reality (“XR”) and Knowledge Metaverse industry and education solutions, announced a new product within its platform, the EON Metaverse Builder, at EON Experience Fest 2022 on Friday, June 24, 2022.
Fundamentally, EON Reality believes that knowledge is a human right, and making experiential knowledge transfer available, accessible and affordable for everyone on the planet goes a long way to achieve this. We know that the Knowledge Metaverse and XR solutions enable users to learn faster, retain information longer, and make better decisions, as seen in a study by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
But as users adopt the Knowledge Metaverse for practical education and training uses, they are met with multiple challenges:
- Time-Consuming and Programming-Dependent Creation: Building the Metaverse typically requires coding and programming skills, and it can take a lot of time to both learn and execute. It’s not enough to build single objects in a world, users need to find an easy way to build an entire world. There is a need to drastically simplify the creation process to take minutes, rather than the hours or days it currently requires.
- Insufficient Generic Avatars: Generic avatars without facial expressions or customization do not provide the required sense of presence and connection needed for collaborative learning.
- Lack of Knowledge Metaverse Community: There is a need for learners and teachers to be part of a bigger global community, in addition to the individual institutions offered by EON-XR today.
The EON Metaverse Builder is a solution designed to tackle these challenges, as users can easily create virtual laboratories, classrooms, museums, factories, parks, archaeological sites with multiple 3D objects, each featuring a full slate of activities, knowledge portals, assessments and more.
- Natural Worldbuilding: With EON Metaverse Builder, users can now easily build entire Knowledge Metaverse Worlds consisting of multiple objects and environments by simply “walking and talking.”
- Easy, Fast and Smart: EON Metaverse Builder utilizes AI throughout the platform to make creation easy, fast and fun. For example, AI image recognition identifies the parts in a scene and names them. AI automatically creates Knowledge Portals with images, videos, PDF and Text-to-Speech. Assessment Portals can also be automatically generated, containing quizzes, locate and identify activities, and multi-language support. Finally, the AI simulation 3D feature will assess students’ performance automatically.
- Personalized and Expressive Avatars: Across EON Reality’s avatar-enabled solutions, users can create their own configurable avatars with facial features, hairstyle, clothing and more. When interacting, the avatar has full facial expressions and its lips synced to the user’s voice.
- Global Knowledge Metaverse Community: By enabling the creation of Knowledge Metaverse Worlds, users can “Learn & Earn” through our marketplace. The first pioneer of a Knowledge Metaverse World is InfinitLand, a decentralized community platform where creative minds can gather, express and exchange innovative XR experiences.
The announcement of the EON Metaverse Builder took place on the final day of EON Reality’s annual EON Experience Fest event — the first held in person since 2019 — in Évora, Portugal at the Convento do Espinheiro. As per usual, the two-day event featured a number of updates, demonstrations and discussions about EON Reality’s offerings and was attended by several government officials, academic administrators, and business owners from around the world.
“The EON Metaverse Builder is a revolutionary game-changer that allows any user to create new XR environments in minutes by just ‘walking & talking.’ This opens the doors to users of all ages to create and share their own virtual experiences as part of a global community. Anyone can instantly augment real-life environments such as laboratories, museums and parks with avatar guides, images, videos, quizzes and more.” says Dan Lejerskar, Founder, Chairman and CEO of EON Reality.
Prior to the event, EON Reality had already developed the de-facto standard for XR education and industry solutions with EON-XR, which supports devices from mobile phones to head-mounted displays to large-scale screens and even entire facilities. As a result of the culmination of years of work with global enterprises and world-class academic institutions, EON-XR serves as the primary product and content delivery vehicle for XR education and industry solutions in the knowledge metaverse.
About EON Reality
EON Reality is a leading company in Augmented and Virtual Reality-based experience creation for education and industry as well as the reputed creators of the Knowledge Metaverse. EON Reality’s over 20 years of existence and success are tied to its belief that knowledge is a human right and should be available, accessible, and affordable for every person on the planet. To carry this out, EON Reality developed and launched EON-XR, a SaaS-based platform dedicated to the democratization of XR content creation that brings code-free XR development and publishing to smartphones, tablets, laptops, and any other XR-focused devices. EON-XR can be used in devices of different sizes, in different shapes and at different types of locations: from hand-held mobile devices, to head-mounted displays, to large-scale screens, and even at mega-size facilities. EON Reality’s global network now comprises more than 1.1 million licenses who are collectively building the Knowledge Metaverse in more than 75 locations. EON Reality has also created the world’s leading XR library for education and industry with access to at least 2.16 million 3D assets and counting. For further information, visit www.eonreality.com.