LUND, Sweden, Jul 2, 2021 – Modelon is pleased to announce the release of Modelon Impact systems modeling and simulation software, version 2021.2.
3D Animation Support
- Out-of-the-box support
- Improved selection of objects – including hiding objects to allow selection of objects inside
- Export 3D animation as GLB format – GLB is a widely supported binary 3D-format that can be embedded into presentations
Parameter sweeps with multiple compilations
- Support for experiments with ‘structural parameters’ using range () and choices () operators
- Automatic scheduling and parallelization of compilations
Improved Modelica code editor
- Quickly navigate to a class using hyperlinks – Navigate back and forth with arrows
- Improved readability
- Theme selection – use a dark or light theme
- Code folding – annotations are folded
- Bracket matching – see where code block start and end
- Block comments – comment and uncomment code
- Word wrap – long lines are wrapped into multiple lines
Library browser filter
- Filter as you type with instant feedback
- Filter by model, package, or filename
FMU Co-Simulation Import
Import a co-simulation FMU* and connect and simulate it with Modelica models. A common use-case is to import a controller developed in a 3rd party tool and connect it with a system model.
- FMU-import tool that automatically imports an FMU and generates a Modelica wrapper mode
*Support for CS-FMUs generated on the same Operating System that Modelon Impact runs on (Windows on Desktop & CentOS 7 at On-prem)
Support for working with libraries and models with syntax errors
- Import or load a library – Syntax errors show up as red dots in the package browser. Light red dots indicate a syntax error in a model inside a package
- Resolve issue – Manually resolve issues in the code editor. The editor helps indicate where the issue is
Local equation balance checker
- Quickly verify that an equation system is locally balanced.
- A local balance check verifies that the number of equations and variables match up assuming sub-components are balanced
Additional features and enhancements
- Simulation speed-up – reduced overhead when executing from UI
- Improved symbolic manipulation – can in special cases reduce the size of equation systems which improves simulation performance.
- Support for Modelica inverse annotation – can improve simulation speed and robustness.
- Plotting improvements
- Customize colors
- Select a trajectory or result point and modify the colors using a plot UI
- Color settings can be saved to views
- Multi-color mode for parameter sweeps
- Units on the Y-axis
- Customize colors
- Improved source-code formatting
- Duplicating a model now preserves formatting.
- Improved compiler error messages for failed size evaluations
- Improved diagnostics for encrypted models – easier to debug models including encrypted components.
- View results of canceled simulations
- Improved support for redeclared components
- Unit settings support at experiment setup – easier to setup experiments on a larger time scale
- Support for Modelica annotation HideResult
- Improved optimization toolchain – support for more Modelica constructs in the Casadi-toolchain
- Support of external functions, functions with unknown sizes, nested functions with unknown sizes, enumerations, better handling of if-statements
- Increased the performance of CasADi transfer by around 60% for large models
- New solver for CS FMU export – Runge-Kutta (2nd order).
- Custom function improvements – option to specify if a pre-compiled FMU is not required.
Modelon library highlights
Energy and Process:
- Thermal Power Library enhanced by a CO2 storage separation process
- Significantly improved microgrid in the Thermal Power Library with various control and dynamic optimization options
- New table-based media and their improved creator available in the Thermal Power Library
- Analytical Jacobians significantly shortening run times added into Air Conditioning Library
- Number of new realistic examples (Supercritical CO2, Liquefied Air Energy Storage) created
- Modular electrical powertrains added into the Vehicle Dynamics Library showing acceleration, torque vectoring, range estimation in EL coupe, and pickup vehicles
- Vehicle models can be compiled and run on VI-Grade® simulators
- The Simcenter Tire (MF-Tyre/MF-Swift) model has been updated to the latest version
- The gear shift behavior for all automatic transmissions has been significantly improved
- The most common AC electrical machines, AC/DC inverters with examples developed
- Complex (multiphysics, multilibrary) high-performance aircraft landing digital twin example
- A new complex geometry fuel tank model supporting multi-level liquid simulations has been developed
- New types of fuel tank orifice models covering various geometries added
- Common ambient component developed for aerospace libraries
Modelon offers systems modeling and simulation software that accelerates product innovation, development and operations in a range of industries. Modelon’s flagship product, Modelon Impact, is a cloud-native system simulation software platform featuring a collaborative browser-based interface and thousands of proven models and components spanning a broad range of applications. Headquartered in Lund, Sweden, and with global reach, Modelon is an expert industry leader in model-based systems engineering with a focus on leveraging open standard technologies.
Modelon AB is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market with ticker symbol MODEL B.
For more information, visit https://www.modelon.com.