BRUSSELS, Belgium, May 19, 2021 – NUMECA is delighted to announce the official release of FINE/Marine version 10.1. FINE/Marine is the leading CFD software for naval architects and marine engineers.
Restart from a different project with the grid-to-grid method
Computations can now be restarted from a computation of a different project. For instance, initializing the flow on a coarse mesh can lead to significant savings in CPU time. For instance, these CPU time reductions have been observed on various cases:
- Resistance cases: from 30 to 60%
- Self-propulsion cases: up to a 50%,
- Appended hull geometries can be restarted from their bare hull variant, leading to reductions in CPU time of up to 50%
The first dynamic VPP for sailing boats integrated into a CFD package!
Establishing the performance map of a sailing yacht in all kinds of wind conditions and angles is essential to get the maximum out of a boat. Developed with naval architects Finot-Conq, the integrated Velocity Prediction Program (VPP) retrieves this performance map based on large matrices of aero and hydro data in an iterative process. It also gets rid of many of the classical “static” VPP flaws: in one single computation a 5 degrees of freedom speed optimization is performed. Moreover, C-Wizard can prepare the whole project setup automatically!
Smooth wave initialization
The wave field can be initialized in the entire domain when using the Internal Wave Generator to speed up seakeeping computations, simply by checking a box.
Improvements towards fully automatic open water propeller simulations
The C-Wizard, in the Open water propeller mode, has been improved to handle a wider range of inputs:
- Users can now provide advance ratios (J) or speeds, fixing the advancing speed or the rotational speed,
- Rotational speeds units can be provided in Rotation Per Seconds (RPS) in addition to RPM,
- Meshes can come from AutoGrid5™ including with a periodicity by rotation.
On top of that, the post processing tool automatically makes the analysis of the project and plots the performance curves of a series of open water computations in a graph.
And that’s not all!
- Multiple computations within the same project can now be set up for launch simultaneously with a specified number of cores, taking into account set dependencies. Computations can now also be moved up and down in the Task Manager.
- A new type of connection between bodies is available: the slider joint allows one body to translate in a predefined direction during the simulation (nice to experiment different rudder locations for instance, without remeshing!).
- The projection algorithm robustness used in adaptive grid refinement has been largely improved
- Custom values for the initialization of the turbulent quantities can now be imposed in the entire domain of simulation.
About NUMECA International
NUMECA International is a leading developer and provider of Grid Generation, Multi-physics – CFD software systems for analysis, design, and optimization of industrial products and processes, with an emphasis in the domains of turbomachinery, marine, aeronautics, aerospace, energy, chemical processes and multi-physics. NUMECA offers an extended suite of software systems covering a broad range of applications for both internal and external flows, including fluid-structure, fluid thermal, aero-acoustic interactions.
Driven by creativity, innovation & quality, we proudly turn our passion into innovative software toolsets that support the world’s leading industries. For more information, visit www.numeca.com.