AUSTIN, TX, USA, Oct 18, 2022 – Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced Project MEP, a construction management solution that provides unparalleled visibility into MEP workflows from estimating, change management, project management, detailing, fabrication and beyond. Designed specifically for operations teams within electrical, mechanical, HVAC and plumbing contractors, Project MEP powers greater efficiency, collaboration and visibility across projects.
The announcement was made at The NECA Show 2022 hosted by the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA).
As a comprehensive construction management solution, Project MEP manages drawings, documents, budgets and field productivity while also extending construction management workflows with a suite of capabilities including estimating, submittal management and fabrication collaboration. Designed to connect MEP teams, Project MEP equips project managers with the tools to identify issues faster, reduce rework and deliver more profitable projects. Project MEP addresses MEP workflows including:
- Bid Turnover: Create a single source of truth for project information with the Trimble® Connect® collaboration platform included in Project MEP. After a bid is won, a project manager can reference the original estimate and see the most pressing tasks to start work immediately.
- Model Collaboration: Utilize a direct integration between Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) software and Trimble Connect to provide project management and field teams access to the detailed model. Now the model can be viewed from the field on a mobile device down to the smallest detail.
- Submittal Management: Create submittal packages by leveraging Trimble-managed content, which saves time over conventional methods. Project managers can upload the bill of materials and add up-to-date documentation, including catalog pages, specifications and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), to their submittal package.
- Design to Fabrication: View, edit and track the status of spools without modeling experience or CAD software. With visibility to spools before they are fabricated and arrive at the jobsite, MEP contractors can maximize the efficiency of prefabrication and reduce waste.
- Model-Based Estimating: Get more value from BIM by leveraging model-based estimating, now extended to project managers with Project MEP. A model-based estimate can be used for more accurate project execution, securing the final Bill of Materials (BOM), tracking earned value and improving future bid accuracy. To see the workflow in action, watch this video.
- Field to Office: Manage data, drawings, reports, punchlists and more from one platform with ProjectSight® software, Trimble’s next-generation project management solution included in Project MEP. Whether they are in the office or the field, project managers will spend less time on administrative tasks like RFIs, submittals and change orders—allowing them to add more value to the business.
“MEP project managers are closely involved with every detail of a project from bid to closeout, but in today’s construction environment the data they need isn’t always readily available,”said Lawrence Smith, vice president of Trimble Construction Management Solutions. “With Project MEP, Trimble is breaking down information silos from estimating to VDC to fabrication while also providing the tools project managers need to run a job more efficiently. Now MEP contractors have a construction management solution that gives them the big picture of project health and the ability to track details such as the status of a spool.”
“Trimble is the fundamental key to our success in all that we’re doing,” John Diglio, assistant vice president/project controls manager at Unity Electric said, “To stay at the forefront of our industry, our teams have to be connected in order to deliver more value to our customers. Now that our teams are using Project MEP, we’re able to reduce the friction at key points of the project like bid turnover.”
Project MEP is available as part of Trimble Construction One™, a connected, cloud-based construction management platform that drives speed, efficiency and accuracy at each phase of the construction project lifecycle. Using Trimble Construction One, contractors can leverage a purpose-built connected construction management platform that reveals the right information at the right time so organizations can make the right decisions.
About Trimble Construction
Trimble is developing technology, software and services that drive the digital transformation of construction with solutions that span the entire architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry. Empowering teams across the construction lifecycle, Trimble’s innovative approach improves coordination and collaboration between stakeholders, teams, phases and processes. Trimble’s Connected Construction strategy gives users control of their operations with best-in-class solutions and a common data environment. By automating work and transforming workflows, Trimble is enabling construction professionals to improve productivity, quality, transparency, safety, sustainability and deliver each project with confidence. For more information, visit: construction.trimble.com.
Trimble is an industrial technology company transforming the way the world works by delivering solutions that enable our customers to thrive. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics connect the digital and physical worlds to improve productivity, quality, safety, transparency and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble is transforming industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com.