ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Feb 12, 2021 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global product lifecycle management strategic management consulting and research firm, announces a free educational webinar, “Defining a Practical Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Roadmap.” The webinar will take place on Thursday, March 11, at 11:00 a.m. (EST) and last for one hour.
IT solutions, especially PLM solutions, are a complex mix of people, processes, and technology. Data needs to be organized and managed to optimize and improve business outcomes. Taking a PLM solution from vision to production to achieve what is required and promised is not trivial and needs a good plan or roadmap. In this webinar, CIMdata will discuss the benefits of having a well thought out roadmap and why having such a roadmap leads to good PLM implementation outcomes. This webinar will help attendees:
- Learn strategies for success when planning a large PLM or digital transformation project.
- Understand how to avoid scope creep.
- Find out how best to engage solution providers to get a roadmap implemented.
- Learn how a roadmap fits into an overall PLM implementation plan.
- Learn how to use a roadmap for PLM project approval.
- Better understand how to use a roadmap to ensure your PLM solution meets expectations.
- Identify gaps in their current PLM plans and roadmaps.
According to webinar host Tom Gill, CIMdata’s Practice Manager for PLM Enterprise Value & Integration, “Without a roadmap, it’s hard to get where you need to go. A well-defined roadmap helps give the implementation team a plan to get the needed solution implemented with as few detours as possible. A roadmap is a critical element for any solution implementation plan.”
Tom Gill has 30 years of experience applying computer-based solutions to engineering and manufacturing. Before joining CIMdata, he worked as an independent PLM consultant after spending more than 20 years at high-volume manufacturing companies. Mr. Gill has worked in numerous industries, including fabrication & assembly, food & beverage, defense, chemical, and medical devices. He has executed PLM strategy projects, solution evaluation and selection projects, deployment planning, and training development for industrial clients.
This webinar will help anyone who wants to learn how to develop and use a PLM implementation roadmap.
During the webinar, attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions about the topics discussed.
- To find out more, visit: https://www.cimdata.com/en/education/educational-webinars/webinar-defining-a-practical-plm-roadmap.
- To register for this webinar, please visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4422735356504290320.