VELIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France, Aug 4, 2021 – Dassault Systèmes announced the official availability1 of 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers, enabling creative individuals to design, share and collaborate through cloud-based access to the world’s most powerful digital environment for design, engineering and collaborative innovation.
Hobbyists, inventors, tinkerers, designers, engineers, artists and other makers who want to make their personal, non-commercial projects a reality can rely on the same digital applications used by professionals for their workflow, whether to visualize a digital mockup of their idea, try designs to find the best solution before buying materials, or seek new skills or services for a project.
Through an easy online “click and buy” experience, makers can purchase a one-year license to 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers for $99 for individual use, or up to five licenses to use working together with family and friends, for an unlimited number of personal projects. The license includes:
- 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS: 3D design and engineering software for creating products with production-ready parts, assemblies and drawings, tackling workflows for sheet metal, weldments, molds, and plastic components, and creating photorealistic images and animations of designs
- 3D Creator: cloud-based application for creating parametric 3D models anywhere and anytime. An intuitive single-modeling environment features AI-powered design guidance to provide optimal design forms, and a machine learning-powered design assistant to reduce repetitive tasks
- 3D Sculptor: cloud-based application for creating organic shapes anywhere and anytime. Features include intuitive sub-division modeling with push/pull control points that are like sculpting digital clay, inserting hand sketches to easily sculpt forms to the original design intent, and interoperability with 3D Creator and 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for parametric modeling
- Integrated cloud storage and real-time collaboration: users can access their latest projects, inspirations and next tasks from anywhere, and easily connect and work with others on shared projects in a social media-inspired newsfeed setting
- Access to the global Makers Community Madein3D – curated by Dassault Systèmes with the participation of makers, influencers and innovators – for help and direct access to an online gallery of shared models for inspiration.
- Access to an expanded professional ecosystem in the 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace to rapidly prototype parts or find engineering services.
A monthly subscription to 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers for $9.99 will be available later in 2021.
For more information: https://discover.solidworks.com/makers.
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is a catalyst for human progress. We provide business and people with collaborative virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating ’virtual twin experiences’ of the real world with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production.
Dassault Systèmes’ 20,000 employees are bringing value to more than 290,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit https://www.3ds.com.