LONDON, UK, Apr 6, 2020 – ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v3.2.1 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimisation based on ENGYS’ own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX’s add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX 3.2.1 offers a wide range of extended capabilities and several refinements to remove known issues found in the previous release 3.2.0. Some of the new exciting features added in this version include:
- General: Added support for solution fields in binary format.
- General: Added support for Centralized Boundary Conditions system to read/write boundary fields from a single unified file rather than decomposed files.
- General: Extended support of GUI action for the python-based macro journaling system.
- General: Enhanced software rendering engine optimised for HPC systems with multiple computational nodes.
- Setup: New Joule heating electrical modelling for CHT cases.
- Setup: New mapped boundary conditions to map fields from either a boundary patch or a volumetric distance-based source.
- Setup: New TAITherm coupling thermal boundary condition.
- Setup: Added support for porous media in cylindrical coordinate system.
- View: New vectors visualisation object.
- View: Added support for box and sphere types for slice and clip objects.
- View: Added support for nested hierarchy of visualisation objects.
- View: Added support for fields visualisation inside volumetric cell zones.
- View: New options for colour legends and backface/frontface visualisation.
- HELYX-Coupled: New block-coupled density-based compressible flow solver for subsonic, transonic and supersonic regimes.
For a complete list of additions and changes, users can refer to the Release Notes provided with the software.
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company’s main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialised add-on modules for adjoint based optimisation and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux. For more information, visit https://engys.com.