ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Jul 29, 2022 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Geography Analysis Report, the fourth of five modules of the CIMdata 2022 PLM Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2021. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The PLM market grew to $60.6 billion overall in 2021 (11.9% growth over 2020). The Americas region was 38.1% of the global PLM market in 2021 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% to $37.6 billion in 2026. EMEA (33.3% of the global market) and AP (28.6%) will have CAGRs of 9.6% and 10.4%, respectively. EMEA will grow to nearly $32 billion, and AP will reach $28.4 billion in 2026.
“The global PLM market grew in 2021, above our forecasts,” states Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata Vice President and research lead. “The COVID-19 pandemic impacted the whole world, including the PLM market. Both 2020 and 2021 saw the market return with strong growth. The leading PLM solution providers continue consolidating their portfolios after years of acquisitions. Industrial companies use PLM to enable highly collaborative, distributed, flexible design and manufacturing environments to help better manage the entire product or plant lifecycle. PLM-enabling solutions helped many companies address COVID-19 dictated requirements in these unprecedented times. Another big driver of PLM growth is the push toward digital transformation and Industry 4.0, which must be powered by strong PLM strategies and enabling solutions in manufacturing companies. An increased emphasis on the digital thread will also spur investment in both software and services to help bring together many disparate data sources to support products through their lifecycles.”
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2022 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2021, forecasts of investments for 2022 through 2026, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2021.
- The CIMdata 2022 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end-user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2021, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the coming years.
- The CIMdata 2022 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments in 2021, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2022 through 2026.
- The CIMdata 2022 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2021 market results by major geography. CIMdata’s 2021 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2022 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2021 market results. CIMdata’s 2021 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for ten industry sectors: aerospace and defense, automotive and other transportation, electronics/telecommunications, fabrication and assembly, process-packaged goods, process-petrochemical, utilities, construction, infrastructure, and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set, or each module can be purchased separately. Selected modules are also available as part of the CIMdata Community Memberships. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.