ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Aug 1, 2022 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report, the third of five modules of the CIMdata 2022 Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis of the worldwide PLM market during 2021. It contains analyses of major trends and issues, revenues of leading PLM solution providers, and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
“The PLM market grew to $60.6 billion overall in 2021, 11.9% growth over 2020, and better than our forecast of 7.5%,” said Mr. Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Vice President. “Electronic Design Automation (EDA) saw strong double-digit gains, driven by market leaders Synopsys, Cadence, and Siemens Mentor. But EDA market growth was strong overall, as the total market grew faster than the market leaders. Other Tools, the segment that includes tools to develop product software, grew 8.7%, consistent with previous years, even in the face of a global pandemic. CIMdata expects continued market growth because the underlying trends of smart, connected products and Industry 4.0 have only gotten stronger during the crisis. But the global economic issues in 2022 could impact these results. CIMdata forecasts the PLM market to grow by 9.5% in 2022. Looking toward 2026, CIMdata forecasts the PLM market to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% to nearly $100 billion.”
Companies make PLM investments in many different areas and with many types of solutions, including mechanical CAD, simulation and analysis, visualization and collaboration, building design, and others. This diversity is reflected in the different solution providers to the PLM market and in the fact that no single type of provider dominates the industry. In 2021, a number of providers generated substantial revenues that represent PLM-related investments. Twenty-three providers generated PLM revenues in excess of $500 million from both the tools and the cPDm segments, up from nineteen last year. Three solution providers, Dassault Systèmes, PTC, and Siemens Digital Industries Software, are major providers of tools (such as MCAD) and cPDm technology, while others, such as Autodesk and Cadence, are primarily tool providers that focus on specific segments within the overall market. While Hexagon does not position itself as a PLM company, its revenues from businesses that CIMdata does count in PLM put them in the top 10. It illustrates the breadth of companies that participate in the overall PLM market, even though they may not all compete directly with each other.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2022 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2021, forecasts of investments for 2022 through 2026, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2021.
- The CIMdata 2022 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end-user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2021, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the coming years.
- The CIMdata 2022 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments in 2021, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2022 through 2026.
- The CIMdata 2022 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2021 market results by major geography. CIMdata’s 2021 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2022 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2021 market results. CIMdata’s 2021 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for ten industry sectors: aerospace and defense, automotive and other transportation, electronics/telecommunications, fabrication and assembly, process-packaged goods, process-petrochemical, utilities, construction, infrastructure, and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set, or each module can be purchased separately. Selected modules are also available as part of the CIMdata Community Memberships. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.