STUTTGART, Germany, May 30, 2022 – Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: FR0014003TT8, DSY.PA) at HANNOVER MESSE 2022 (May 30 – June 2) on Stand C34 in Hall 4, shows how virtual universes based on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform help accelerate sustainable innovation, and support more flexible manufacturing and the business imperative to create tomorrow’s value.
The manufacturing world has evolved to an always-on experience economy, where existing and new industry leaders, rules and regulations, revolutionary technology, outside influences and timelines, talent and skill needs shift quickly and continually. It needs to keep up with an increasingly connected and sustainable world. Sustainable innovation is driven by collaboration, accessing, analyzing and sharing reliable data, seamless simulation, and modelling of solutions and processes and even whole enterprises. This underlines how the virtual twin experience was born for sustainability: from virtual prototyping to saving materials and resources in new circular approaches, to reducing time-to-market, improving environmental footprints and capitalizing on knowledge through life-long learning.
Dassault Systèmes will showcase how connected solutions and integrated industrial processes contribute to business sustainability, including new business models and services, as well as developing the workforce of the future. The scenario on display at the Dassault Systèmes booth illustrates how seamless real-time collaboration can make a sustainable mobility concept a reality:
- e.Volution, one of the partners in this year’s booth presentation, develops, produces and operates Mobility-as-a-Service systems consisting of innovative vehicles powered by hydrogen fuel cells:
- e.Volution itself does not have the special know-how about the fuel cell technology used. By building and leveraging a collaborative network, the business model can nevertheless succeed. Using the 3DEXPERIENCE platform as a single source of truth ensures rapid implementation from idea through simulation, production and service.
- Dassault Systèmes is demonstrating the various steps of the value chain together with industrial automation specialist OMRON and special machine builder VAF. In product development, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform helps to highly automate fuel cell production processes, increase quality and simultaneously achieve drastically reduced cycle times.
- When it comes to the design analysis and modification of bipolar plates – the heart of a fuel cell stack – as well as the series production, Graebener Bipolar Plate Technologies finally comes into play in two respects. The company is not only a proven specialist in the engineering and construction of production systems and lines for the production of bipolar plates, it offers a large portfolio of services from bipolar plate design to prototyping and small series production with its in-house application laboratory.
- The last step of the scenario shows how feedback from the individual process steps can flow back into the idea pool for new variants and developments or even completely new business models – a virtual lifecycle throughout the complete value network.
Manufacturing in the Age of Experience: Virtual twins shaping the factory of the future
In addition to its trade show presence, Dassault Systèmes is bringing the eighth edition of its successful Manufacturing in the Age of Experience industry event to Hannover for the first time. Focusing on the manufacturing of the future – trends, technologies, changing work patterns and customer needs – the exclusive event offers industry leaders the opportunity to discover an immersive virtual twin experience in the Media Factory, Hall 17 that demonstrates its unique value for manufacturing. Leaders can walk through a virtual factory, identify potential issues and experience real industrial case problem-solving, driving an understanding of how the virtual twin experience is both accessible and immediately actionable. Decision-makers will gain a practical insight into the concept of the virtual twin on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and can discuss with industry experts how the virtual twin supports their future goals and business.
Dassault Systèmes’ accompanying exclusive evening event, The Late Shift, brings leading minds in Europe’s digital transformation on stage and offers big-picture insights into where manufacturing is going, and what kind of world it can create.
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is a catalyst for human progress. We provide business and people with collaborative virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating ‘virtual twin experiences’ of the real world with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production.
Dassault Systèmes’ 20,000 employees are bringing value to more than 290,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit https://www.3ds.com.