RAPID CITY, SD, USA, May 20, 2022 – B9Creations, a South Dakota-based provider of 3D printing solutions, hosted an event to celebrate the company’s 10th anniversary and the community partners, customers, and employees that have enabled their success.
B9Creations is headquartered in Rapid City, South Dakota with offices and personnel in Dallas, Texas and Denver, Colorado. The company has become the industry leader in production, speed, and value across its 3D printing hardware, software, materials, and services. It now stands as the additive manufacturing market leader in high-precision applications such as healthcare, aerospace, prototyping and manufacturing, research, and jewelry production – serving notable brands like Johnson & Johnson, Hasbro, Riddle’s Jewelry, Made in Space, Procter & Gamble, and more.
From an idea in a basement to today’s global footprint in 70 countries worldwide, B9Creations’ triple-digit revenue growth record over three years earned the company a place in the Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies Nationwide, the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in North and South America, and more.
- Financial Times’ 2021 North & South America’s Fastest-Growing Companies, whose honorees include Netflix, Tesla, Meta (Facebook), and Uber.
- Inc. 5000 2020 Fastest-Growing Companies Nationwide, whose alumni include Microsoft, Under Armour, Intuit, Patagonia, and more
- Inc. 5000 2020 Fastest-Growing Companies in the Midwest
- Deloitte Technology’s 2019 500 Fastest-Growing Companies
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s 2018 Exporter of the Year
- Customer Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 44 for Commercial Technology and 100 for Custom Technology, which is in the top percentage of companies worldwide. As a comparison, the NPS for Fortune 500s like Apple, Microsoft, and more average between 40 to 60.
B9Creations got its start among several other technology startups in the Economic Development Building on the South Dakota Mines campus, and its team, which has grown to about 50 employees, now operates out of its own 18,000-square-foot facility. “After spending four years in the old Economic Development Building, hosting our 10-year anniversary celebration in the new Ascent Innovation center was a special connection point for us,” said B9Creations CEO, Shon Anderson.
In 2021, B9C’s payroll in the Black Hills region was $3m+, with additional, non-payroll expenditures with local businesses totaling nearly $600k. Total non-payroll expenditures in South Dakota were $1m+. With an average salary well above Rapid City’s average and a commitment to sourcing goods and services locally, B9C makes a significant impact on the local economy.
“B9Creations’ story is of a technology company born in a Black Hills basement. And it’s no coincidence that the company has continued to thrive here. The three heroes in B9Creations’ story – our community partners, customers, and employees – are the driving force behind our continued growth trajectory and this flourishing, tech-based economy forming in our small community,” said Anderson.
Anderson described B9Creations as “always the underdog” – competing with booming hubs of tech innovation like Silicon Valley, but still, never considering leaving South Dakota and the tight-knit community that is enabling this tide of high-growth technology companies.
“Here in South Dakota, we’re big enough that you have access to the capital, banking partners, talent, and the resources that you need – but small enough that you matter,” said Anderson.
B9Creations’ additive manufacturing solutions are being leveraged by a diverse range of customers in industries ranging from jewelry and entertainment to education and research, aerospace and defense, dental, and beyond.
- Top global medical companies leverage B9Creations’ ultra-precision 3D printers to develop complex pediatric medical devices to save newborns’ lives
- Special forces teams forge new frontiers in national defense
- Research centers 3D print structures capable of containing a single cell that may hold the cure for osteoarthritis
- Engineers develop mission-critical solutions to power the future of space exploration
- National jewelry chains bring custom designs to life with the push of a button.
- Dentists transform patient care and make healthcare more accessible than ever before
As a global provider of professional 3D printing solutions, B9Creations has become the industry leader in production, speed, and value. It now stands as the additive manufacturing market leader in high-precision applications such as medical, jewelry, prototyping and manufacturing, research, and model making. B9Creations is headquartered in Rapid City, South Dakota in the United States, with offices in Dallas, Texas and Denver, Colorado, and serves customers and certified dealers in nearly 70 countries across the globe. Find us online at b9c.com, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.