ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Jun 25, 2021 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Industry Review and Trends Report, the second of five modules of the CIMdata 2021 Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2020. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The 2021 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report focuses on “Resilience in the Face of Crisis: Bouncing Forward.” Heading into calendar year 2020, the PLM Economy was poised to have another good year. Overarching trends like smart, connected products; digital transformation; and Industry 4.0 were contributing to a strong outlook over the next five years and beyond.
Then the COVID-19 pandemic gripped the world. While commerce did not grind to a halt, it did significantly change. Some industries, like airlines and the service industries, saw immediate pain that will linger until effective vaccines are widely available. Life sciences and healthcare were important and growing before, but COVID-19 demanded a change in business as usual to address the crisis. Sign and label making companies surely have surged to make new signage for everyone to navigate a 6 foot (or 2 meter) world. Certainly, more people in the world now painfully understand the phrase “supply chain” given the lack of supply chain resilience over the last year. Working from home (WFH) is now commonplace and companies scrambled to provide the technical and business process infrastructure to support their now mainly remote workforces.
One could argue that the PLM Economy has spent much of the last 20+ years preparing for this scenario. The mantra has been the enablement of seamless global collaboration across far flung value chains. The focus of this year’s Trends report is the resilience of the PLM Economy—the software and services firms in PLM and the investment firms that support them—and the resilience of their industrial clients in the face of the pandemic. Examples will be drawn from primary research with the software and services companies and from leading industrial firms.
This PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is the first of five modules of the CIMdata 2021 Market Analysis Report Series to be released. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during calendar year 2020. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2021 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2020, forecasts of investments for 2021 through 2025, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2020.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM Ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2020, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium terms, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments in 2020, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2021 through 2025.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2020 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2020 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2021 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2020 market results. CIMdata’s 2020 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for ten different industry sectors: aerospace and defense, automotive and other transportation, electronics/telecommunications, fabrication and assembly, process-packaged goods, process—petrochemical, utilities, construction, infrastructure, and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. Portions are also available as part of the CIMdata Community Memberships. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.