PARIS, France, Jun 20, 2022 – Software République, an open innovation ecosystem for intelligent, secure and sustainable mobility, presents its first milestones during the sixth edition of Viva Technology* – one year after its launch by Atos, Dassault Systèmes, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics and Thales.
In only a few months, Software République has taken important steps to advance innovations to meet the challenges of mobility. It has enabled the creation and reinforcement of collaborations with stakeholders in the private sector (startups, small and medium-sized businesses, large groups), the public sector (local authorities) and academia (schools, universities).
- Creation of a “GIE” (Groupement d’Intérêt Economique, or economic interest group) to develop Software République’s activity and supervise project incubation within the collaborative ecosystem.
- Launch of the Software République incubator in March 2022, featuring a tailor-made support program to accelerate joint projects and support startups. Five startups are currently being incubated: Angoka, Geoflex, Parcoor, Vianova and Wattpark.
- Four finalized projects are announced today, out of more than 30 currently in progress:
- A “detect & respond” cybersecurity solution: Cybersecurity is one of mobility’s major challenges. Orange – via its Orange Cyberdefense subsidiary – Renault Group and Thales, along with the startup Parcoor, announce the co-design of a solution to detect cyberattack attempts, analyze them and provide a rapid response that protects the vehicle. This solution, based on artificial intelligence and machine learning, will be deployed in Renault vehicles starting in 2025. The project is supported by BPIfrance.
- A tool for territories to model vehicle flow: Safety and traffic flow are major challenges for territories. Dassault Systèmes, Orange and Renault Group are developing a tool to model vehicle flow. A pilot project was launched with the Corrèze region in France. This tool provides territories with key data on traffic, infrastructure conditions and safety so that they can optimize maintenance and construction expenses.
- A project for an intelligent and secure two-way charging station: In response to challenges in security, sovereignty, and electric car-charging network integration, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics and Thales are launching a joint development project focused on the intelligence of charging stations in collaboration with Mobilize, a Renault Group brand. The project will be presented by the end of 2022.
- The Software République Academy to address needs in cybersecurity skills: To meet increasing needs related to recruitment and cybersecurity skills, the six partners have announced two training programs starting in September 2022. The first will combine a selection of partner cybersecurity training modules for the Software République ecosystem. The second, in partnership with the French cybersecurity school Ecole 2600 and the French engineering school of digital technologies EFREI, will create two apprenticeship programs for higher education levels of three to five years.
By 2025, Software République aims to launch 10 new product and service offers, incubate more than 50 startups, and propose services to at least 50 territories.
For more information on Software République, visit softwarerepublique.eu
* Viva Technology, until June 18 at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles.
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 111,000 employees and annual revenue of c. € 11 billion. European number one in cybersecurity, cloud and high-performance computing, the Group provides tailored end-to-end solutions for all industries in 71 countries. A pioneer in decarbonization services and products, Atos is committed to a secure and decarbonized digital for its clients. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on Euronext Paris and included in the CAC 40 ESG and Next 20 indexes. The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is a catalyst for human progress. We provide business and people with collaborative 3D virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating virtual twin experiences of the real world with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production to achieve a more sustainable world for patients, citizens, and consumers. Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 300,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 42.5 billion euros in 2021 and 137,000 employees worldwide at 31 March 2022, including 76,000 employees in France. The Group has a total customer base of 278 million customers worldwide at 31 March 2022, including 232 million mobile customers and 24 million fixed broadband customers. The Group is present in 26 countries. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies under the brand Orange Business Services. In December 2019, the Group presented its new “Engage 2025” strategic plan, which, guided by social and environmental accountability, aims to reinvent its operator model. While accelerating in growth areas and placing data and AI at the heart of its innovation model, the Group will be an attractive and responsible employer, adapted to emerging professions. Orange is listed on Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN). For more information on the internet and on your mobile: www.orange.com, www.orange-business.com.
About Renault Group
Renault Group is at the forefront of a mobility that is reinventing itself. Strengthened by its alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors, and its unique expertise in electrification, Renault Group comprises 4 complementary brands – Renault, Dacia, Alpine and Mobilize – offering sustainable and innovative mobility solutions to its customers. Established in more than 130 countries, the Group has sold 2.7 million vehicles in 2021. It employs nearly 111,000 people who embody its Purpose every day, so that mobility brings people closer. Ready to pursue challenges both on the road and in competition, Renault Group is committed to an ambitious transformation that will generate value. This is centred on the development of new technologies and services, and a new range of even more competitive, balanced and electrified vehicles. In line with environmental challenges, the Group’s ambition is to achieve carbon neutrality in Europe by 2040. https://www.renaultgroup.com.
At ST, we are 48,000 creators and makers of semiconductor technologies mastering the semiconductor supply chain with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. An integrated device manufacturer, we work with more than 200,000 customers and thousands of partners to design and build products, solutions, and ecosystems that address their challenges and opportunities, and the need to support a more sustainable world. Our technologies enable smarter mobility, more efficient power and energy management, and the wide-scale deployment of the Internet of Things and connectivity. ST is committed to becoming carbon neutral by 2027. Further information can be found at www.st.com.
Thales (Euronext Paris: HO) is a global leader in advanced technologies, investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations – connectivity, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and quantum computing – to build a confident future crucial for the development of our societies. The Group provides its customers – businesses, organizations and governments – in the defense, aeronautics, space, transport, and digital identity and security domains with solutions, services and products that help them fulfill their critical role, consideration for the individual being the driving force behind all decisions. Thales has 81,000 employees in 68 countries. In 2021, the Group generated sales of €16.2 billion. For more information, visit www.thalesgroup.com.