MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, USA, Jun 10, 2021 – Synopsys is pleased to announce the release of Simpleware software version S-2021.06. It includes 4D image support, an all-new 3D printing toolkit, as well as more new features and updates to existing tools. With S-2021.06, it will be easier than ever before to work with complex image data and export to many design and simulation applications whilst maintaining accuracy.
What’s New in Version S-2021.06
- 4D image support* – A comprehensive set of 4D features to import, visualize, process, segment, and landmark image data:
- Import 4D image data in a range of formats
- Control and compare frames using the 4D frame toolbox
- Perform automatic segmentation and landmarking in 4D
- Use Cine modes for 2D slice views and 3D rendering (backgrounds, masks, surfaces, and models)
- To learn more, click here.
- 3D printing toolkit – A toolkit to prepare, analyze, and inspect models from image and/or CAD data ready for 3D printing:
- Preparation tools: cut, hollow, emboss text or add supporting connectors to your model
- Greyscale visualization: apply a color map to the surface of the 3D printed model representing the greyscale values of the image data
- Inspection: color proofing and printability checker to help get the model right first time
- Export: both specific and general surface export formats suitable for a variety of 3D printers
- To learn more, click here.
- Enhanced PACS support* – Two-way PACS communication to quickly and effectively manage patient information:
- Access patient information, image data and models
- Use DICOM encapsulated formats to store patient-specific models (*.stl format) and store them in your PACs system
- Improved Split regions tool – An all-new interface to make adding and selecting regions quicker and easier. Additional new presets for different anatomies include:
- Spine (Cervical, Lumbar and Thoracic)
- Fiber analysis – New features for centerline generation and material property assignment:
- New centerlines tool for creating disconnected centerlines specifically for fiber structures (options work from masks or the background)
- Fiber properties can now be assigned to Finite Element volume meshes
- Speed improvements – Based on our customer feedback, we have improved the speed of our most commonly used tools, including:
- 10x – 100x speed up for centerlines statistics
- Up to 10x speed up for 2D slice contour visualization
- Up to 8x speed up for Morphological tools
- Simple 3D editing – now almost instant!
- Easier to use:
- New user-defined keyboard shortcuts can speed up common or repetitive workflows
- New background volume includes new masking options so you can render only regions of interest
*Available in Simpleware ScanIP Medical only
Key Benefits of the S-2021.06 Release
- Gain insight into complex moving structures: Work with 4D image data to see and understand their performance and efficiency.
- Create physical models: New dedicated 3D printing toolkit to help you generate and prepare models optimized for 3D printing.
- Faster processing: Speed improvements for our most commonly used tools, including: 2D slice view contours, 3D editing, morphological, and centerline statistics.
- Improved user interface: Improved interface and additional function based on user feedback, including: split regions presets, background volume rendering, masking and more.
- Customize your setup: Use new user-defined keyboard shortcuts to perform operations and open specific tools.
Release Webinar with Demos and Q&A
If you would like to try Simpleware S-2021.06, download a fully functional trial version.
Synopsys’ Simpleware software provides an industry-leading, comprehensive 3D image processing platform for handling 3D scan data. Accurately process images with a wide range of tools for visualizing data, obtaining image statistics and carrying out segmentation. Generate high-quality models for design, simulation and 3D printing applications. For more information, visit https://www.synopsys.com/simpleware.
Synopsys technology is at the heart of innovations that are changing the way we live and work. The Internet of Things. Autonomous cars. Wearables. Smart medical devices. Secure financial services. Machine learning and computer vision. These breakthroughs are ushering in the era of Smart, Secure Everything―where devices are getting smarter, everything’s connected, and everything must be secure.
Powering this new era of technology are advanced silicon chips, which are made even smarter by the remarkable software that drives them. Synopsys is at the forefront of Smart, Secure Everything with the world’s most advanced tools for silicon chip design, verification, IP integration, and application security testing. Our technology helps customers innovate from silicon to software, so they can deliver Smart, Secure Everything. For more information, visit https://www.synopsys.com.