ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Jul 3, 2020 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces an upcoming free educational webinar, “Managing Disruption: Using PLM to Support Working from Home.” The webinar will take place on Thursday, July 23, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. (EDT) and will last for one hour.
2020 has been a challenging year so far. The immediate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic was to shutdown non-essential businesses and to require workers who didn’t have to be onsite to work remotely, usually from home. While there are always people, process, and technology challenges within product lifecycle related activities, the disruption caused by the COVID-19 shutdown was extreme in many cases.
Many analysts, including CIMdata, have predicted this will give digitalization and digital transformation a higher priority due to its ability to support remote work and enable other forms of flexibility to minimize the impact of workplace disruptions. In this webinar, CIMdata will discuss what we have heard from solution providers and industrial companies on some of the issues they have had to address and what they are doing to move forward. We will also discuss how to use the crisis to get support for PLM-related changes from executives.
Attendees at this webinar will:
- Learn about strategies for success when disruption happens.
- Learn how remote working impacts industrial companies and how the companies mitigate the issues.
- Hear about the changes that solution providers are making to address working remotely.
- Learn more about the changes in PLM-enabling technology expected over the next 1- to 3-years.
- Learn some tactics for using the crisis to get support for needed change.
According to Tom Gill, CIMdata’s Practice Manager for PLM Enterprise Value and Integration, and the host for this webinar, “We live in interesting times. While 2020 has had a bumpy start, it appears that there are major structural changes underway in how companies will operate for at least for some time to come. A solid PLM strategy can help deal with disruption. Using knowledge of what has happened so far in 2020 can be used to clarify needed PLM strategy and roadmap changes and get support for them.”
Tom Gill has over 25 years of experience applying computer-based solutions to engineering and manufacturing. Before joining CIMdata, he worked as an independent PLM consultant, after spending more than 20 years at high-volume manufacturing companies. Mr. Gill has worked on projects in numerous industries, including fabrication & assembly, food & beverage, defense, chemical, and medical devices. He has executed PLM strategy projects, solution evaluation and selection projects, deployment planning, and training development for industrial clients.
This webinar will be of interest to those responsible for product development, manufacturing, quality, and service; PLM team leaders and team members; product managers, IT leadership and staff; solution providers; and anyone who wants to learn about how to manage PLM when a disruption happens.
- To find out more, visit: https://www.cimdata.com/en/education/educational-webinars/webinar-managing-disruption-using-plm-to-support-working-from-home.
- To register for this webinar, please visit: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/9024792946405621771.