LONDON, UK, Apr 12, 2023 – ENGYS is delighted to announce the release 4.0.0 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimization based on ENGYS’ own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX’s add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX 4.0.0 is a new major version that offers a wide range of extended capabilities and code refinements. Some of the new exciting features added in this release include:
- Mesh: enhanced hex-dominant mesh algorithms for improved robustness and near-wall layer coverage.
- Mesh: new runtime surface transformation and mesh extrusion capabilities embedded in the mesh process.
- Setup: new material library with added support for pure fluids, solids, mixtures, active scalars and passive tracers.
- Setup: new extended reference frames, including nesting for modelling complex motions involving multiple moving objects.
- Setup: new and improved boundary conditions for mapped profiles, ABL, target outlet flow rate, porous pressure outlets and fan pressure outlets.
- Setup: new turbulence models and wall functions.
- Setup: new volumetric sources for momentum, thermal, radiation and scalars.
- Setup: new function objects for runtime solution monitoring and noise propagation.
- Solver: new unified solver framework for single-phase flows with consistent pressure definition for incompressible and compressible flow solutions, including full support for HELYX-Coupled and HELYX-Adjoint.
- Solver: enhanced thermal capabilities, including volumetric thermal radiation for participating media and more stable solutions for natural convection flows.
- Solver: extended pressure-based, block-coupled solver capabilities in HELYX-Coupled to cover incompressible and compressible flow solutions.
- Solver: new dedicated 6DoF library coupled to Adaptive Mesh Refinement (AMR) in HELYX-Marine for faster calm-water and seakeeping calculations.
- View: new objects for field sampling, surface-based slices and runtime visualisation.
For a complete list of all changes and additions in this new version of HELYX, users can refer to the Release Notes delivered with the software.
If you are not a user of HELYX already, check out the HELYX product page to learn more about this CFD package, or contact ENGYS for further information or scheduling a demonstration of the software. You can also click here to register to attend the upcoming HELYX 4.0.0 Release Highlights webinar on April 19, 2023 @ 10:00 AM (CDT).
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company’s main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialised add-on modules for adjoint based optimisation and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux. For more information, visit https://engys.com/